
This beauty was my contribution to Thanksgiving. It is the other recipe I have been drooling over on Smitten Kitchen. Darn you Deb and your beautiful pictures of to-die-for chocolate confections. This cake is a bit of heaven. No, that is a lie. It is a huge slice of heaven. It is the greatest combination of peanut butter and chocolate ever. The cream cheese peanut butter frosting was awesome.
I deviated from Deb's recipe a little by A: using a box cake mix (because, seriously, why not. it was moist and delicious and easy. thank you Duncan Hines) and B: making two layers instead of three (because I only had two round pans). I need another round pan so I can make pretty triple layer cakes like Deb.
I made sure that none of this cake made it back to my house. That would have been dangerous. What cake was left over, I took to the Alexandria firehouse I volunteer at and gave it to the men there. It was gone in 2.5.
This cake looked beautiful and tasted divine. I would highly recommend Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake.
You might need to make this.



1 comments:
I'm still dreaming about that cake. You ladies are genius with the cake!
Post a Comment