Conversation last week:
Me: So who do I see to get a cortisone shot?I would like to express my undieing gratitude to the person who invented the PPO. I have no idea what it stands for. I have no idea how much more I pay to have it. But I do know that it means that I do not have to make an appointment with a PCP and then sit there like a mindless drone waiting for the PCP to tell me the obvious answer of who I need to see and give me a referral.
Other Person: Go to your primary care physician and get a referral to an orthopedist.
Me: Cool, I'll call my orthopedist tomorrow.
OP: Well, you need to go to your primary care doctor first. Then you can call your ortho.
Me: Yeah. I don't.
I am not an idiot. I know that when I break a bone, I see a Orthopedist. When I get poked in the eye with a stick, I go to the Optometrist. When I start hallucination that I am hanging out with the cast of She-Ra, I go to the Neurologist. What I also know is that skipping the PCP means that I do not have to pay an extra co-pay and MD bill. Faster care, less co-pay. Seriously, why would you have an HMO when you can have a PPO?
PS, I have elbow tendinitis. Have had it since April and thought it was just something I had to deal with. But apparently you can get a cortisone shot and it will go away. I'll let you know how that goes.

3 comments:
I hear ya.. I HEAR you! I unfortunately am in an 'HMO" situation and when I move they are going to make me see my PCP in order to get a referral for prenatal care.. umm.. hello... I'm 8 months pregnant.. I think it's pretty obvious that I NEED prenatal care! DUH!! lame system :(
I hope your elbow feels better, I loved your blogs about remembering your grandpa, and I will enlarge our pics on our blog :)
Amen, sista! I've always been on the PPO bandwagon and would never even consider doing anything else! Hope you elbow feels better soon.
Post a Comment